Welcome to Longships
Our Year 1 Team
Class Teachers: Mrs G Pilkington and Miss S Downing
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs P Fanelli
Welcome to our class page! Here you will find information about life in Longships and useful links and documents. Please bear with us while we develop our new class page!
Things you need to know
- In Longships, our school day starts at 8.50am and ends at 2.55pm.
- We are dropped off and collected at the main gate. (Please be prompt).
- In KS1, fruit for snack time is provided and we like to have this together, after playtime, with a drink.
- Children need to bring a named water bottle and their coat everyday.
- Please ensure your children's belongings are clearly named.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Thursday.
- PE is on Tuesdays. Children will need to come to school wearing their PE kit on this day.
Seesaw is our whole school online learning platform. You can access the platform by clicking on the Seesaw icon above, or by downloading the Seesaw app.
Following on from our recent period of home learning, we will be continuing to use Seesaw to share learning, both in school and at home, and to share class news.
If you are having any problems accessing Seesaw, or you find that your code has expired, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
In Key Stage 1 we teach phonics using "Bug Club". Each child has their own individual "Bug Club" login, which allows them to access e-books at home. These books are allocated by the Longships staff, which means that they are inline with each pupils ability.
To get to the "Bug Club" website, you can click on the Phonics Bug above.
To support our numeracy learning, years 1-6 have access to Sumdog through their own individual logins. Sumdog uses games to provide pupils with the opportunity to revisit and practice numeracy skills. Sumdog is tailored to each child's individual learning and also let's the Longships grownups know how they are doing.
You can get to the Sumdog website by clicking on the Sumdog icon.